Did you know we are Leet?
 
HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 pm
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 JOHN PLEASE READ!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itsmattnowai
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm

**Ok 1st off yes i know this isnt an app so please don't flame me for that. I Just thought i would say a few things. Also note that a lot of the references i make to people and events are from waaaaaay back, so dont feel bad if you dont know who or what im talking about. But yes, this is mostly directed at John.**

Hey john,
Its Matt (no not haunted, the ORIGINAL matt, Uber matt Laughing ) and i just wanted to say a few things. 1st of all, thank you for all the goods time we have had together over the past 2+ years. I remember buying the game and the next day or so being invited to a guild by chaos. I quickly befriended many of the members of Fantasy Under Nightsky [FUN] (remember that guild? haha), especially Chris. I was quite suprised one day, though, to log on and see that i was guildless but had a pending invite to a guild by the name of Scions of Carver [SCAR]. Bewildered, i blindly accepted the invite. That was were the real fun started. I quickly became beter at GW in [SCAR] an achieved officer status. John i remember the days when you would spam me to lead an ursanway FoW as soon as i logged on. Those days of the split at khobay with doug and joel leading "Team Minority" (those of you who have been in SCAR a while and know those two know why that is funny) were some of the most days of my life.

Now as my GW days are pretty much over (i log on now and then to check for b-day presents and such) and i (as im sure a good amount of you are) an getting ready for the release of Aion, i have a simple request to make of you john. I would like a place in the "SCAR Hall of Fame". But this place is not for me. It is for all of us. Me, Joel, Doug, Chris, Eve, Jim (ok maybe not jim Razz ), Lucas, Cam, Trent, and maybe a few others that I cannot recall at the moment. Those of us that took SCAR along with you and made it great. Those people, that, without us, you would not have had all these great players now, all these accolades and records, none of these applications pouring in from players all over the world. I just hope that you can do us that once courtesy.

Yes i know my tenure with SCAR as the WTF leader ended badly, but that was just frustration built up over time being taken out over a very short period of time. The guild would most likely have disbanded within a mweek or two anyway. I do not want to say that it was going nowhere, but everyone just sort of lost interest. But i hope you can cast that event aside ("water under the bridge" as you like to say) and create a token to remember some of your greatest GW friends by.

Sincerely,
Matt
(Uber Shinboy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow Capped Romance[Lawl]
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:46 am

Quote :
I was quite suprised one day, though, to log on and see that i was guildless.

/agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
avatar

Number of posts : 1346
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:52 am

damn. . .nice typeout
but i dont remember most of the names you typed out ever being in scar O_o
props for typing this, best of luck matt

_________________
ADD ME ON STEAM USERNAME: DARGO86

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
avatar

Number of posts : 736
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:27 am

shadow wrote:
damn. . .nice typeout
but i dont remember most of the names you typed out ever being in scar O_o
props for typing this, best of luck matt

he was in scar long before you were, or 95% of the current guild for that matter. i remember most of the names on that list. and yea i kinda get why the "minority group" is funny Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
avatar

Number of posts : 1346
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 am

explain the team minority . . .thing

_________________
ADD ME ON STEAM USERNAME: DARGO86

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulsx
King of Error 7
avatar

Number of posts : 183
Age : 27
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:38 am

There he is! Get him everyone! Thats the guy! Razz
Maybe we should get American Wrath to do this too Razz
Hahah xD
Nice post Matt, Nice to see your still alive.
-Remembers getting guest invites to WTF days ago.-


Well obviously Minority was about him being asian, american, and part woman. all at the same time while managing to being sexy still 'o'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
avatar

Number of posts : 448
Age : 26
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 pm

+1 on this some of these names were even before me so i dont know them but i do know most of them and without them SCAR would not exist

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scar.shootboard.com
Lord Volgaris
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
avatar

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 pm

i remember all those peeps im fine with it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cloud4905
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
avatar

Number of posts : 269
Age : 33
Location : San Diego, CA, USA
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm

I was going to stay out of this, because I figured that most people would say that Matt's request that he be put on the "Hall of Fame" was ridiculous. Now that I see some are considering it, I need to speak up.

Matt's behavior throughout most of my time in WTF was ridiculous, and the way him/Joe/Volo spiked the guild at the end was horrendous. I don't know most of the other people on that list, so if you all have fond memories of them, then by all means add them. A name going on that list should be because that person EARNED it by being a fantastic player and cool person, not because you were around for a long time. Putting Matt on that list will sully it for anyone else on there, IMO.

This guy (or one of his buddies) sent out a guest invite from WTF to me, Chaz, Necrid, Impuls, and some others over the past 2 days. Clearly this had no purpose other than to antagonize and annoy us. If that wasn't done by Matt, then fine. But IMO this is Matt's way of bandwagoning himself into the hall of fame amidst other names, so he can slide in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsmattnowai
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Im not even if WTF by the way Josh. Iirc, one of Sky's alt accounts is in charge of WTF atm and im am in a guild with chris and joel and a few others with an activity level of about 1 person on every two weeks or so. So if you want to blame something on me without any evidence just because i mistreated you, that is your call. But josh, as nick said in his above post, if the people i mentioned were never in SCAR, you would not even be writing on this forum right now, and i beleive they need to be honored for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genius Was Revrac
The Leader
The Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 574
Age : 39
Location : Chicago
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 pm

I do want to thank Matt for reminding of how long I have run this guild(has it been 3 years already) and for those who helped me build it from the beginning. I will be updating the HoF very soon, and although Matt did not part ways in the best manner, I do believe he is deserving of a HoF spot.

I love this guild and all the players in it and those from my past. I have had really great memories over the past 3 years and I look forward to many more........and I hope to keep this thing going long enough for GW2 to come out. I hope everyone plans on joining me and SCAR in GW2!!!

_________________
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
avatar

Number of posts : 448
Age : 26
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:11 pm

itsmattnowai wrote:

Yes i know my tenure with SCAR as the WTF leader ended badly, but that was just frustration built up over time being taken out over a very short period of time. The guild would most likely have disbanded within a mweek or two anyway. I do not want to say that it was going nowhere, but everyone just sort of lost interest. But i hope you can cast that event aside ("water under the bridge" as you like to say) and create a token to remember some of your greatest GW friends by.

Sincerely,
Matt
(Uber Shinboy)


if SCAR did not forgive people i would not be here right now and if this group of people weren't in SCAR you wouldn't be here right now either

what i really wanted to say was even though we hate each other i will put our differences aside and say that they deserve a spot in the hall of fame


and john after watching that trailer today i do plan on joining scions of carver in guild wars 2 and being there from the start this time =]

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scar.shootboard.com
BCB
Everlasting Big City Tonic
Everlasting Big City Tonic


Number of posts : 1125
Age : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Genius Was Revrac wrote:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I hope everyone plans on joining me and SCAR in GW2!!!

Shocked SCAR 2 FTW!!

I'll be join so just make way for the BCB 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsmattnowai
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:43 pm

ok just to clarify the "Team Minority" comment, Doug (a close friend of mine in RL as well as GW) who is korean, and Joel, who is dominican, along with Eve, a girl, used to be part of the 4-person team that during our FoW runs would split off and do khobay by themselves. Because there were two racial minorities and a woman, the three of them began to jokingly refer to themselves as "Team Minority"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrideMcKay
My dad is bigger than your dad
My dad is bigger than your dad
avatar

Number of posts : 1157
Age : 26
Location : Wageningen, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Damn I read this thread just now, I remember all of you guys, things were amazing in the beginning, I totally agree on your HoF spots. But I think there is someone who we forgot. Someone John will never be able to forget. Fez! I think he deserves a spot as well, for just being to most annoying, yet funniest person that could have ever been in SCAR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsmattnowai
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 pm

O god fez...some of the best and worst moments in my GW career involved fez. Annoying as hell but who can forget the fegatis (or however you spell it lol).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva


Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

PrideMcKay wrote:
Damn I read this thread just now, I remember all of you guys, things were amazing in the beginning, I totally agree on your HoF spots. But I think there is someone who we forgot. Someone John will never be able to forget. Fez! I think he deserves a spot as well, for just being to most annoying, yet funniest person that could have ever been in SCAR.

no
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva


Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Also im in complete favor of this, as one of the only people in SCAR now that was around at its founding. 95/100 members in SCAR now have no idea what all of those people did, but those of us who remember certainly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva


Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:26 pm

cloud4905 wrote:
I was going to stay out of this, because I figured that most people would say that Matt's request that he be put on the "Hall of Fame" was ridiculous. Now that I see some are considering it, I need to speak up.

Matt's behavior throughout most of my time in WTF was ridiculous, and the way him/Joe/Volo spiked the guild at the end was horrendous. I don't know most of the other people on that list, so if you all have fond memories of them, then by all means add them. A name going on that list should be because that person EARNED it by being a fantastic player and cool person, not because you were around for a long time. Putting Matt on that list will sully it for anyone else on there, IMO.

This guy (or one of his buddies) sent out a guest invite from WTF to me, Chaz, Necrid, Impuls, and some others over the past 2 days. Clearly this had no purpose other than to antagonize and annoy us. If that wasn't done by Matt, then fine. But IMO this is Matt's way of bandwagoning himself into the hall of fame amidst other names, so he can slide in.

Matt did EARN his spot. Trust me. Not to be more of an ass than I need to in order to make this point, but being in SCAR for a month doesn't give you the right to judge Matt's place in the HOF. Those of us who remember the beginnings of this guild seem completely willing to overlook the end of WTF. Yes, it was immature. But it does not wipe out what he did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
avatar

Number of posts : 448
Age : 26
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 pm

itsmattnowai wrote:
O god fez...some of the best and worst moments in my GW career involved fez. Annoying as hell but who can forget the fegatis (or however you spell it lol).




lol yeah that would be amazing having fez up there lol <3 fegetas btw

lets start a poll for fez! only 5 people get a say though since no1 else knows him


btw well put sacnub

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scar.shootboard.com
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
avatar

Number of posts : 736
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 pm

am i able to vote? ive been around for a while. if so i vote yes, fame for teh fegetas!
but no really, fez was pretty funny, especially on vent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva


Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Unholey wrote:
am i able to vote? ive been around for a while. if so i vote yes, fame for teh fegetas!
but no really, fez was pretty funny, especially on vent.

i vote no 10x. On my long list of gamers I'd like to sterilize, Fez may be #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
avatar

Number of posts : 736
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Sacratus wrote:
Unholey wrote:
am i able to vote? ive been around for a while. if so i vote yes, fame for teh fegetas!
but no really, fez was pretty funny, especially on vent.

i vote no 10x. On my long list of gamers I'd like to sterilize, Fez may be #1.

am i still able to vote though? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
avatar

Number of posts : 448
Age : 26
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Sacratus wrote:
Unholey wrote:
am i able to vote? ive been around for a while. if so i vote yes, fame for teh fegetas!
but no really, fez was pretty funny, especially on vent.

i vote no 10x. On my long list of gamers I'd like to sterilize, Fez may be #1.

we never said your vote counts for 10x sir

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scar.shootboard.com
Snow Capped Romance[Lawl]
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:17 am

when people spit on you just open your mouth up and catch it right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Ludacris
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:34 am

I'm just hoping you guys have an asterisk system in this "Hall of fame" of yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cloud4905
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
avatar

Number of posts : 269
Age : 33
Location : San Diego, CA, USA
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:47 am

Trust me when I say that you were much of an ass as possible making your point, as usual, Sac, but thanks for saying that in the vein of "with all due respect." Also, as usual, you've gone to great lengths to overspeak someone who happens to disagree with you, and I'm sure all the other SCAR officers know what I'm talking referring to. Rather than attack my argument, you attacked my right to make one, and disregarded what I said entirely as being ridiculous compared to "the past." I have a right to speak about this, because he did something to me and my friends that was beyond rude.

Maybe you should talk to everyone in lawl and the alliance that was kicked by Matt and ask them how they feel about this, because I have. As you can see by Heath and Luda's posts, a lot of people are VERY upset that Matt is even being considered for this, let alone approved. It is a slap in the face to everyone he betrayed. I'm sorry you don't think the way he acted while we were in his guild was that bad, but you weren't there. Then again, you probably don't care because he didn't do anything to you personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow Capped Romance[Lawl]
Nubsauce
Nubsauce


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 am

Do people still get employee of the month after getting fired or quitting their job?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genius Was Revrac
The Leader
The Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 574
Age : 39
Location : Chicago
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:53 am

Too strong of opinions on both sides......I will make a decision soon about ths and this is closed.

_________________
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
avatar

Number of posts : 448
Age : 26
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:19 am

im pretty sure its the SCAR hall of fame not the alliance hall of fame cause as of right now there is no1 from the alliance...but i wont go down this road

maybe consider your idea and give these people a category of "SCAR's original founders" in the hall of fame or something along those lines

cloud4905 wrote:
Rather than attack my argument, you attacked my right to make one, and disregarded what I said entirely as being ridiculous compared to "the past." I have a right to speak about this, because he did something to me and my friends that was beyond rude.

everytime sac argues a point it made me think of something and this just helped me put a nail on it =]

Quote :
Nick: Well, Joey, I'm never wrong.
Joey: But you can't always be right.
Nick: Well, if it's your job to be right, then you're never wrong.
Joey: But what if you are wrong?
Nick: Okay, let's say that you're defending chocolate and I'm defending vanilla. Now, if I were to say to you, "Vanilla's the best flavor ice cream", you'd say …?
Joey: "No, chocolate is."
Nick: Exactly. But you can't win that argument. So, I'll ask you: So you think chocolate is the end-all and be-all of ice cream, do you?
Joey: It's the best ice cream; I wouldn't order any other.
Nick: Oh. So it's all chocolate for you, is it?
Joey: Yes, chocolate is all I need.
Nick: Well, I need more than chocolate. And for that matter, I need more than vanilla. I believe that we need freedom and choice when it comes to our ice cream, and that, Joey Naylor, that is the definition of liberty.
Joey: But that's not what we're talking about.
Nick: Ah, but that's what I'm talking about.
Joey: But … you didn't prove that vanilla's the best.
Nick: I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong, I'm right.
Joey: But you still didn't convince me.
Nick: Because I'm not after you. I'm after them.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scar.shootboard.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: JOHN PLEASE READ!!   

Back to top Go down
 
JOHN PLEASE READ!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» john canty
» READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d
» Text too small to read
» How to read and write FEN notation
» How To Use and Read a Multimeter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Carver :: Scions of Carver :: Applications to SCAR :: Member Applications-
Jump to: